Vadnais Lake Water Management Organization Information
“Anytime is a great time to learn about the watershed, explore options for your property, and get involved. Here are three options from the Vadnais Lake Area Water Management Organization (VLAWMO):
- Check out VLAWMO’s cost-share program for new landscaping ideas that support water quality. This program can help make property improvements, restore problem areas, and solve drainage issues. VLAWMO staff provides a free on-site visit to assess property needs and opportunities, as well as explain the cost-share grant process. Contact (651) 204-6071 for more info or to request an on-site visit. More at vlawmo.org/grants.
A variety of workshops are scheduled on topics of drainge solutions, ground covers, pollinators, native plants, and resilient yards. Learn more and register at vlawmo.org/events.2. Brush up on water-friendly yard care before spring hits. Tips, tricks, and resources are available at VLAWMO.org/residents.
Read our most recent newsletter here: May 2021 Gem Lake News
The City Council passed a new tree policy for the city in October, 2018. As part of the policy the city takes responsibility for: Trimming healthy trees that are in the cities right of away; Removing dead trees in the cities right of way; Remove trees that are diseased; If a tree is cut down the tree company, S&S Tree will grind the stump. The property owner can use the mulch as they want to.
For information on the development on County Road E, in Gem Lake “Villas at Gem Lake” Click on the link for more information. http://www.hansonbuilders.com/property/26-summit-farm-lane-gem-lake-mn-55110/
- Heritage Hall will be closed every Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. starting 5/12/2021 – 8/11/2021.
- City Council meetings will be transitioning back to in-person meetings beginning with the May 18, 2021 meeting. Please call or email to be included in the mailings for the virtual invite.
- Wednesday, May 19, is our next recycling day. Remember to put your container out the night before.
- Gem Lake Delisting News Release
- Clean Water Practices Winter 2016
- Buffers 2016
- The Importance of buffers around storm ponds and wetlands
- 2021 City of Gem Lake meeting schedule
- Guidelines for Gem Lake Meetings adopted 7 18 2017
- City of Gem Lake Planning Commission Meeting, Tuesday, May 4th, 2021
- City of Gem Lake City Council Meeting, Tuesday, May 18th, 2021, 7:00 p.m. *In-person*
- City of Gem Lake Workshop, Monday, May 10, 2021 *Virtual*