Read our most recent newsletter here: March/April 2018, Gem Lake News
Effective January 1, 2018, the City of Gem Lake will receive police services from the City of White Bear Lake. Citizens will continue to call 9-1-1 in the case of an emergency, however for a non-emergency situation that you don’t wish to tie up an emergency line, you should call 651 429-8511.
Reminder – Our snow plow drivers strive to keep roads as safe as possible during the winter season. Snow and ice removal on our streets is time consuming. To do the best job in the quickest amount of time, we need the cooperation and assistance of our residents. On-street parking is not allowed in Gem Lake after a snowfall of two inches or more, until after streets have been plowed, according to City Ordinance Number 86, section 6.4.2. In addition, citizens need to be responsible with their snow removal. Minnesota Statute 160.2715 Section (a) subdivision (1) advises that pushing / blowing snow from driveways and sidewalks onto public roads may be punishable as a misdemeanor. Snow deposited or left on roadways creates a real hazard to passing motorists which can cause serious accidents. Even heavy snowplows have been damaged when hitting compacted and frozen snow deposited on the roadways. Because the practice is illegal to begin with, the person depositing the snow, as the prime cause of the accident, may also find him/herself faced with civil liability lawsuits.
- Wednesday, April 25, is our next recycling day. Remember to put your container out the night before. Thank you!
- Gem Lake Volunteers Sought. If you are interested in serving your city, please contact Gloria Tessier at Heritage Hall at 651-747-2792. Positions are open on the planning commission. Planning Commission members are a volunteer position.
- Clean Water Practices Winter 2016
- Buffers 2016
- The Importance of buffers around storm ponds and wetlands
- 2018 City of Gem Lake Meeting Schedule
- Guidelines for Gem Lake Meetings adopted 7 18 2017
- City of Gem Lake Planning Commission Meeting, Tuesday, May 1, 2018, 7:00 p.m., cancelled
- City of Gem Lake City Council Meeting, May 15, 2018, 7:00 p.m.
- City of Gem Lake Workshop, May 14, 2018, 7:00 p.m., cancelled