Read our most recent newsletter here: June /July Gem Lake News 2019
VLAWMO – Aquatic Invasive Species Training:
What are aquatic invasive species? How can you tell if a plant is native or invasive? Join us for this free outdoor demo as we look at key species that are either currently invasive or pose a future threat to our water resources. Participants can attend just to learn or step into a leadership role in helping VLAWMO and Ramsey County monitor for new infestations. For questions contact VLAWMO at (651) 204-6070.
Submerged Aquatic Plant Demo:
Have you ever been flustered by aquatic plants? What are they, and what are they good for? Join VLAWMO for an up-close look at some common plants, what they mean for the lake, and their management strategies. For questions contact VLAWMO at (651) 204-6074.
Whitaker Wetlands Tour:
White Bear Township and VLAWMO have partnered up to build an innovative new wetlands treatment project. Join us for a tour of the project to learn why it was built, how it works, what it means for surface water quality. For questions contact VLAWMO at (651) 204-6070.
The City Council passed a new tree policy for the city in October, 2018. As part of the policy the city takes responsibility for: Trimming healthy trees that are in the cities right of away; Removing dead trees in the cities right of way; Remove trees that are diseased; If a tree is cut down the tree company, S&S Tree will grind the stump. The property owner can use the mulch as they want to.
City of Gem Lake and Water Gremlin Information:
Availability Sessions with MPCA/MDH information: Letter to Residents announcing availability sessions with MPCA & MDH May 2019
For information on the development on County Road E, in Gem Lake “Villas at Gem Lake” Click on the link for more information. http://www.hansonbuilders.com/property/26-summit-farm-lane-gem-lake-mn-55110/
- Wednesday, July 3, is our next recycling day. Remember to put your container out the night before. Thank you!
- Gem Lake Delisting News Release
- Clean Water Practices Winter 2016
- Buffers 2016
- The Importance of buffers around storm ponds and wetlands
- 2019 City of Gem Lake meeting schedule
- Guidelines for Gem Lake Meetings adopted 7 18 2017
- City of Gem Lake Planning Commission Meeting, Tuesday, July 9, 2019, 7:00 p.m.
- City of Gem Lake City Council Meeting, Tuesday, July 16, 2019, 7:00 p.m.
- City of Gem Lake Workshop, Monday, July 8, 2019, 7:00 p.m., cancelled