Vadnais Lake Water Management Organization Information
“Anytime is a great time to learn about the watershed, explore options for your property, and get involved. Here are three options from the Vadnais Lake Area Water Management Organization (VLAWMO):
- Check out VLAWMO’s cost-share program for new landscaping ideas that support water quality. This program can help make property improvements, restore problem areas, and solve drainage issues. VLAWMO staff provides a free on-site visit to assess property needs and opportunities, as well as explain the cost-share grant process. Contact (651) 204-6071 for more info or to request an on-site visit. More at vlawmo.org/grants.
A variety of workshops are scheduled on topics of drainge solutions, ground covers, pollinators, native plants, and resilient yards. Learn more and register at vlawmo.org/events.2. Brush up on water-friendly yard care before spring hits. Tips, tricks, and resources are available at VLAWMO.org/residents.
Read our most recent newsletter here: September 2020 Gem Lake News
The City Council passed a new tree policy for the city in October, 2018. As part of the policy the city takes responsibility for: Trimming healthy trees that are in the cities right of away; Removing dead trees in the cities right of way; Remove trees that are diseased; If a tree is cut down the tree company, S&S Tree will grind the stump. The property owner can use the mulch as they want to.
For information on the development on County Road E, in Gem Lake “Villas at Gem Lake” Click on the link for more information. http://www.hansonbuilders.com/property/26-summit-farm-lane-gem-lake-mn-55110/
We’re back open for face to face business starting Monday, June 29. Modified hours, 7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Monday- Thursdays. Afternoons by appointment, 651 747-2792. Please wear a mask when visiting. Note that the City Council meetings will be conducted virtual starting the November 17, 2020, meeting. Please call or email to be included in the mailings for the virtual invite.
- Wednesday, January 27th, is our next recycling day. Remember to put your container out the night before. Thank you!
- Gem Lake Delisting News Release
- Clean Water Practices Winter 2016
- Buffers 2016
- The Importance of buffers around storm ponds and wetlands
- 2021 City of Gem Lake meeting schedule
- Guidelines for Gem Lake Meetings adopted 7 18 2017
- City of Gem Lake Planning Commission Meeting, Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021
- City of Gem Lake City Council Meeting, Tuesday, February 16th, 2021, 7:00 p.m.
- City of Gem Lake Workshop, Monday, February 8th, 2021, 7:00 p.m., cancelled